TWO SUSPECTS IN DEACON CASE ABANDON BAIL APPLICATION

LIMPOPO- Polokwane Magistrate’s Court has postponed the bail hearing of the suspects accused of killing Ocean Basket owner Lizette Deacon and her mother Hettie to the 8th October 2020.

The four suspects have been remanded in custody after investigations found they allegedly orchestrated last month’s murder. During Wednesday’s hearing, the state opposed the bail of two of the accused.

Two of the four accused opted to abandon their bail application, whilst the other two including the Deacon’s domestic worker Sophie Mmako applied for bail through their lawyer Bobby Lebea. The investigating officer Warrant Officer Tamaga Joseph Malebana says accused number two, Casper Mudau is an illegal immigrant who uses different names.

Mudau is also identified as Elias Mererae on the Home Affairs department records.He further says Mmako has provided them with three residential addresses, and has relations with foreign national friends which poses a threat that she may escape the country.